Information Roundup: Congress was "Goal" on Jan. 6; extra republican struggling; additional Gaetz revelations
Marching to the Capitol to prevent Congress from counting votes was literally the premise of the event, so yes.
On Today's News: A new watchdog report finds officials knew beforehand that Congress itself was the "target" of the Jan. 6 insurgents. The Republican Party continues to consider retaliation against corporate critics. It's a day that ends with "y," and that means new details revealed about Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, drugs, and sex trafficking.
Here are some things you may have missed:
• A brutal watchdog report finds that Capitol Police knew on Jan. 6 that Congress itself was the target
• The study shows not only a peak in right-wing domestic terrorism, but also an increasing involvement of veterans
• Almost 80% of voters say they have received stimulus payments. The overwhelming majority say it went as expected
• As hundreds of business owners battle for voting rights, another GOP alliance comes to a standstill
• Gaetz desperately promotes the Project Veritas video to discredit coverage of his sex trafficking relationships
From the community:
• Court upholds black officer who was dismissed for stopping colleague's chokehold
• Hidden Story: The Russian Woodpecker (No, it's not a bird)