Information Roundup: Chauvin Responsible; India in disaster; Republicans are nonetheless blocking the insurgency probe
On the News Today: Former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin, who was tried for the murder of George Floyd, has been found guilty on all counts. The COVID-19 pandemic continues to rage – as do new climate dangers for the Texas power grid. And the proposed independent investigation into the events surrounding the January 6th Uprising continues to be blocked by the same Republican lawmakers whose disinformation and conspiracy theories primarily led to violence.
Here are some things you may have missed:
• Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts
• The COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet and the world must look to India
• Pelosi's efforts to launch an independent investigation into the siege on January 6th encountered a giant GOP unreality bubble
• Experts warn that a severe heat wave could render millions of Texans powerless again
• The judge ends the pre-trial release for proud boys charged with siege of the Capitol after reviewing new evidence
From the community:
• Deaf and black women who were handcuffed by police in North Las Vegas when their children were forced to interpret
• Not an invoice. Not Barack. Not JFK. Not even Joe. It was Fritz.